John C. Herrold
John C. Herrold, a York County native, grew up in the Dover area. He graduated from Dover Area High School in 1963 and received his B.A. degree in accounting from Franklin & Marshall College in 1967. Following college, John served 2 years in the U.S. Army, with overseas duty in Germany and Vietnam. After fulfilling his military obligation, he completed his legal studies at Penn State Dickinson School of Law, from which he received his J.D. degree in 1973.
John serves on the Board of Directors of the YMCA of York and York County. He has served on the Board of Directors for various civic organizations in the York County area, including serving as President of the York County Bar Association. John is engaged in the general practice of law with emphasis in Wills and Estates, Municipal Law, Zoning and Real Estate. He represents various municipalities and zoning hearing boards in York County.
- Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University, Carlisle, Pennsylvania J.D. – 1973
- Honors: Recipient of Abel Klaw Advocacy Award
- Franklin and Marshall College, Lancaster, Pennsylvania B.A- 1967
- Major: Accounting
- Dover Area High School- 1963
- Pennsylvania, 1973
- U.S. Federal Court, 1975
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1977
- YMCA of York and York County, Board of Directors
- York County Bar Association, President
Current Employment Position
- U.S. Army, Overseas Duty in Germany and Vietnam