MPL General Counsel Corner – Covid Relief Package – The Details
President Trump signed the latest Coronavirus Relief Bill on December 27th. However, there is still disagreement over the relief checks payments going to $2000 from $600 and a resolution is not likely to happen anytime soon. On a positive note, it has forced our elected officials to work through the Holiday season. Lets hope this bill allows
Below are excellent overviews of the key provisions in the Bill from people who are much smarter and better at analyzing this short little read (5000+ pages) than I am.
- New PPP Forgiveness Rules form the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act
- Paycheck Protection Program, Round Two: What We Know and What We Don’t
Other than a little light reading, I do hope that you all have a Happy New Year! Talk to you in 2021!
A few other items we thought were of interest:
- Silvercrest Insights Winter 2021 – A great overview of key market and economic indicators from the team at Silvercrest Asset Management Group. Thanks for Sean O’Dowd for sharing.
- State by State Coronavirus Travel Restrictions – Kayak.com has a good site that keeps up to date on the travel restrictions for each State.
- Bankruptcy Updates from Rob Bovarnick (firstname.lastname@example.org)– It’s an unfortunate reality, but the following “Behind the Curtain – Chapter 11 From Inside” updates published at Forbes.com are very helpful.
- Chapter 1 – Overview
- Chapter 2 – The Initial Meeting
- Chapter 3 – Pre-filing
- Chapter 4 – First Day Motions
- Chapter 5 – The Automatic Stay
- Chapter 6 – Financial Information
- Chapter 7 – The US Trustee
- Chapter 8 – Contract and Leases (Pt I)
- Chapter 9 – Contracts and Leases (Pt II)
- Chapter 10 – The Plan (Part I)
- Chapter 11 – The Plan (Part II)
- Chapter 12 – Other Stuff
- Chapter 13 – Lawsuits in Bankruptcy
- Chapter 14 – Sales of Assets
- Chapter 15 – Closing and Final Thoughts
- Please see all of our prior updates at the this link or if you would like to be added to our email list, please click here.