It was the most wonderful time of the year! – August Business Law Recap
If you are a parent, this was the most wonderful time of the year because kids went back to school. However not a day goes by where one of the following terms pops up in conversation: hybrid, virtual, cyber, home and for the few, full-time in person.
With guidance being constantly updated and many school districts changing in reaction, it is no wonder there is a whole bunch of confusion and frustration. I won’t even go into a betting pool to be all virtual (my bet is one month from school opening if that’s worth anything).
Keeping this in mind, I thought it may be helpful to put some Covid-related FMLA and FFCRA refreshers in this update for those businesses who have employees with kids that are not back to school full time:
There are also helpful tools for employers at the resource pages below:
Good luck with the start of the school year. I hope I don’t have to write the same subject this time next year.
A few other items we thought were of interest:
- Trout CPA PPP Forgiveness Filing Video: For those that are applying for PPP forgiveness, we found this presentation from Trout CPA to be helpful
- Warren Buffett on Teaching Kids About Money – Thanks for Larry Moskowitz from Certified Financial Services for sending over this article.
- Bankruptcy Updates from Rob Bovarnick (firstname.lastname@example.org)– It’s an unfortunate reality, but the following “Behind the Curtain – Chapter 11 From Inside” updates he publishes at Forbes.com are very helpful
- The Election and Taxes – Brian Luster (email@example.com
) from Collective Family Office published a helpful overview of the impact of the tax plans which could be implemented depending on who wins the Election.
- August Economic Update – Here is the August update from Rob Teeter at Silvercrest Asset Management Group. Thanks to Sean O’Dowd (firstname.lastname@example.org) for sending it over.