Post-Covid Questions to Ponder
As I move from one zoom call to the next, I am hearing some common questions:
- What does a post-Covid world look like and how does my business or organization fit in?
- What should I be doing now to get my business or organization ready?
- Will things ever get back to normal?
I wish I could answer those questions for you, but I can’t. Only you can do that. All I can tell you is that when you think through questions like above and other deeper topics, it is important to know that you can tap into your mentors and other professional advisors for guidance. I think the quote below is appropriate.
“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always try just one more time.” – Thomas Edison
Speaking of post-Covid thinking, check out the latest update from Chad Harvey (What Comes Next? Covid-19 Facts and Their Implications). I think it provides a nice framework to help you to work on, and not just in, your business or organization.
Here are some other things that may be important or relevant for you:
- Employee Retention Tax Credit: I received a number of questions related to the Employee Retention Tax Credit (because of yesterday’s release of Question 45 of the updated FAQ). Check out Trout CPA’s article, Tax Relief Provided By The CARES Act – Business Provisions, detailing how it works.
- PA Governor Wolf Extends the Stay At Home Order for Red Regions until June 4th. While 24 counties got the “get out of jail…a little” card today, the remainder of the State remains on lockdown. Let’s hope the June 4th date gets pulled forward for more counties. There will be a further update this afternoon at 2pm. Stay tuned.