Christian R. Miller
Christian prides his practice on the ability to offer all-encompassing services for the main street through mid-market business clients, so that virtually all of a client’s legal needs can be addressed at MPL, but with attention and detail that a client would expect at a highly specialized practice.
Christian’s main practice area is in the business arena, focusing on the areas of planning, negotiating and executing a wide array of business transactions and objectives, ranging from business entity start-up and formation, to acquisitions and business sales, to short and long term business planning, to financing and raising capital, and employee-related issues. For restauranteurs, Christian also represents clients in PA Liquor Control Board matters, including liquor license sales and transfers, as well as new applications and permit expansions. Christian also serves his business clients with such needs as business litigation and estate planning to encompass all phases that most business clients can find themselves throughout the life of their business.
Often hand in hand with the life cycle of any business, Christian also routinely advises his clients in the area of real estate, counseling clients on real estate acquisitions, land use, development, leasing, construction loans, acquisition financing, and construction related disputes. Christian is also a licensed title insurance agent in Pennsylvania and Maryland.
Beyond Business and Real Estate work, Christian also handles a number of matters at the local government level, from representing a number of local municipalities, to representing private clients before local government offices and agencies, including tax claims bureau matters and assessment matters, zoning and land use representation.
Christian grew up in York County, attending Dallastown High School and Dickinson College for undergraduate studies. After attending law school in Ohio, Christian returned home to go into practice with his father and uncle. Christian likes to spend his free time with his family, including wife Kasey, son Brady, and three dogs, often going for walks on his family’s farm. Christian’s other hobbies include running and golfing. Christian remains active with his college alumni organization as well as various other York based charitable causes.
Recent Representative Transactions
- Represented sellers, as multi-shareholder group, in $20 million stock sale of IT/tech company.
- Represented buyer in the acquisition of local restaurant and bar, including purchase and transfer of liquor license.
- Represented buyer in the acquisition of local pet services business, including SBA financing to fund transaction.
- Represented seller in the sale of franchise restaurant business.
- Represented borrower in the closing of a $2.8 million commercial new construction loan.
- Represented multi-shareholder seller group in $6 million stock sale of IT/innovations company.
- Represented borrower in the closing of a $1.9 million commercial new construction/renovation loan.
- Represented buyer in the purchase, through business transition planning, of family healthcare transport business from parent.
- Represented ownership group in $15 million acquisition of multi-faceted event location, including the raising of capital through equity and debt.
- Represented freight company in $4.5 million refinance.
- Represented family office in $20 million leveraged acquisition and subsequent sale of IT data company.
- Represented IT company in $1 million acquisition of competitor IT service provider.
- Represented energy technology company in multiple rounds of capital raises, in both debt and equity, totaling over $20 million.
- Represented local municipality as issuer in multiple rounds of bond issuances.
- Represented employee buyer group in the acquisition of mechanical contracting business from owners, including business and real estate.
- Represented developer in joint development venture for the construction of apartment complex.
- Represented company and shareholders in formation and execution of generational business transition plan to protect and transfer construction services business.
- Represented insurance brokerage company and principals in business transition planning to provide for transfer of business.
- Represented mechanical contracting business in long-term sale and transition to employee purchaser.
- Represented company and members in the buy-out of partner and conversion of business entity.
- Represented multiple local breweries and pubs in business formation and capital raise.
- Represented lawn care services business in the acquisition of competitor business.
- Represented daycare business in business formation, real estate acquisition, and raising capital.
U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania
Ohio Northern University Pettit College of Law, Ada, OH
J.D. – 2009
Dickinson College, Carlisle, PA
B.A. – 2005
Professional and Community Affiliations
American Bar Association – Member
Pennsylvania Bar Association – Member
York County Bar Association – Member
York County S.P.C.A. – Board of Directors, Secretary
Farm & Natural Lands Trust – Board of Directors
Historic York, Inc. – Board of Directors (Past)
Children’s Aid Society – Board of Directors (Past), President (Past)
Phi Delta Theta Fraternity – PA Epsilon Chap. (Dickinson College)
Raven’s Claw Men’s Honorary Society (Dickinson College)