Expungement & Record Sealing

A DUI conviction or any criminal conviction is a tough blow with potentially long-lasting consequences but it is not necessarily the end of the road.

Examples Of Opportunities For Expungement Of Records Of Arrests, Charges And Convictions

You may have the option of pursuing an expungement or sealing of your criminal record after you have served your punishment. The time frame may vary from one person to another, and the best way to know for sure when you can file is to discuss your case with an attorney. Potential relevant factors include the following:

  • Someone 70 years old or older may seek an expungement for criminal convictions when at least 10 years have passed with no additional criminal offenses.
  • If you were arrested but your criminal charges were dismissed, you may be eligible for an expungement of the arrest.
  • Likewise, if you went to trial and were found not guilty, your charges may be eligible to be expunged.
  • Some summary offenses are eligible for expungement after having been free of arrest for a period of five years.

Expungement of Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition (ARD) records

In most instances, you may seek an expungement of your case if it is successfully resolved through the Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition (ARD) program.

Sealing Of Records

Record sealing is a potential option for some misdemeanor convictions. Under certain circumstances — such as if you have completed your sentence and remained crime-free for 10 years or longer — you may be eligible to petition the court to seal your records according to Pennsylvania’s limited access laws. Convictions of certain misdemeanor offenses may potentially be sealed through this process. If your petition is successful, you may prevent certain records from being accessed through a background check.

An expungement attorney serving York County at MPL Law Firm can evaluate your situation and recommend the most promising strategy for dealing with your criminal records.

Contact A Dedicated Lawyer For Information And Help

We are here for you as you look for solutions to your criminal record problem. Call 717-845-1524 or contact us to schedule a consultation.