York, PA Criminal Defense Attorney with 30 Years Experience
Richard has practiced criminal law since 1988, focusing on criminal defense. For more than three decades, he has handled over more than 5,000 criminal cases, and engaged in approximately 600 criminal jury trials. Richard’s experience includes 15 capital death penalty trials and approximately 55 cases involving homicide — many of which have been high-profile cases in the York County area.
Richard also has experience in civil litigation, including media law litigation and transactional litigation.
After graduating law school, Richard was a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Albert Acker, President Judge of the Mercer County Court of Common Pleas. In 1988, he joined the law firm of Wiley and Benn in York County, Pennsylvania. In 1999, he became a partner in the law firm of Benn and Robinson and in 2002, a partner in the law firm of Miller, Poole & Lord, LLP.
Richard serves clients in York County, Adams County, Cumberland County, and Lancaster.
Call 717-845-1524 to contact Richard Robinson today.
Awards & Honors
Distinguished Peer Rating for High Professional Achievement, Martindale-Hubbell
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania
Ohio Northern University Pettit College of Law, Ada, Ohio
J.D. – 1987
Marshall University, Huntington, West Virginia
B.A. – 1982
Professional Associations and Memberships
- York County Association of Criminal Rules Committee, Co-founder
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Herbert B. Cohen Inns of Court, Member