Business Law Updates
Video Update: Coronavirus Relief Programs: Acronyms, Options, & Answers
Daily Coronavirus Legal Updates
- Latest PA Shutdown Information
- Up-To-Date PA Life-Sustaining Businesses list
- Up-To-Date PA Life-Sustaining Businesses FAQ
- August 5th – MPL General Counsel Corner – PPP Forgiveness FAQ released; Another Stimulus Bill On the Horizon?
- July 25th – MPL General Counsel Corner – A Little Forgiveness Advice From Mark Twain
- July 15th – MPL General Counsel Corner – Tax Man Cometh – Don’t ignore your professional advisors
- July 7th – Perhaps we are in a recovery and we don’t know it…Beware of Consensus!
- June 26th – MPL General Counsel Corner – PPP Forgiveness moves to be more business friendly
- June 18th – MPL General Counsel Corner – PPP forgiveness tent has definitely expanded
- June 16th – MPL General Counsel Corner – States aren’t the only thing reopening – Welcome back EIDL
- June 12th – MPL General Counsel Corner – Going Green – Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Let’s Go Racing!
- June 6th – MPL General Counsel Corner – Latest PPP numbers & An Update From Us
- June 5th – MPL General Counsel Corner – Predictions and Estimates are not Guarantees
- June 4th – MPL General Counsel Corner – Senate Passes Paycheck Protection Flexibility Act
- June 3rd – MPL General Counsel Corner – Senate inching closer and closer….
- June 2nd – MPL General Counsel Corner – Round 2 PPP Funding Continues Slide
- June 1st – MPL General Counsel Corner – What Would You Do If You Were an Entrepreneur Now?
- May 29th – MPL General Counsel Corner – PPP Recipients Get A Potential Lifeline
- May 28th – MPL General Counsel Corner – Just the facts, Ma’am
- May 27th – MPL General Counsel Corner – Things Must Be Moving To “Normal”
- May 26th – MPL General Counsel Corner – PPP guidance is like the weather, if you don’t like it, wait five minutes.
- May 22nd – MPL General Counsel Corner – PPP Loan Forgiveness – A Tale of Two Cities
- May 21st – MPL General Counsel Corner – What does re-opening look like?
- May 20th – MPL General Counsel Corner – Happy House Hunting in PA this Weekend
- May 19th – MPL General Counsel Corner – PPP Round 2 Funds Availability Increasing, not Decreasing
- May 18th – MPL General Counsel Corner – Maybe I am forecasting and I don’t know it!
- May 16th – MPL General Counsel Corner – And now for your reading pleasure…PPP Forgiveness Guidance
- May 15th – MPL General Counsel Corner – Legal Battles Continue
- May 14th – MPL General Counsel Corner – Stimulus Round 4 – HEROES Act – DOA
- May 13th – MPL General Counsel Corner – A Collective Sigh of “PPP Good Faith Certification” Relief
- May 12th – MPL General Counsel Corner – Who among you will be the next Disney, FedEx or Microsoft?
- May 11th – MPL General Counsel Corner – PPP Funds Still Available, If You Need Them
- May 8th – Post-Covid Questions to Ponder
- May 7th – MPL General Counsel Corner – Time to shift a bit – Focus more on Reopening & Recovering
- May 6th – MPL General Counsel Corner – A Good Old Fashioned Political Pissing Match
- May 5th – FEAR – What Will You Do?
- May 4th – PPP Round 2 stats…more signs that a recovery is underway?
- April 30th – MPL General Counsel Corner ….and now on the first tee
- April 29th – MPL General Counsel Corner – Another day, a few more updates
- April 28th – MPL General Counsel Corner – I’m from the government and I’m here to help…unless you don’t need the money
- April 27th – MPL General Counsel Corner – And They Are Off And Running
- April 26th – MPL General Counsel Corner – An Attorney That Represents Himself Has A Fool for A Client
- April 24th – General Counsel Corner – PPP: Think Before You Apply
- April 23rd – No word yet from DC
- April 22nd – Crickets from DC, but Fireworks Likely in Harrisburg
- April 21st – MPL General Counsel Corner – Why are we waiting?
- April 20th – Race to open….kind of
- April 19th – You Don’t Have to Participate in A Downturn
- April 17th – No more PPP, No More EIDL, Now What?
- April 16th – MPL General Counsel Corner – Going, Going….Gone (Maybe?)
- April 16th – Attorney Christian Miller: COVID-19 Update
- April 15th – MPL General Counsel Corner – Let’s Hope These Aren’t Meetings About Meeting
- April 13th – MPL General Counsel Corner – Another day closer
- April 10th – Top Ten EIDL and PPP Questions
- April 9th – Schools out, at least for this year – Keep Moving Forward
- April 9th – Christian Miller’s COVID-19 Legal Updates for April 9th
- April 8th – COVID Business Law Update: If you are going through hell, keep going
- April 7th – When will this be over? PPP FAQ
- April 6th – More PPP info (or confusion) & Lunchspirations Podcast Registration
- April 5th – Covid-19 Disaster Funding Programs – If you stare long enough, you will see a sailboat
- April 3rd – PPP Application Submissions….its kind of like Black Friday Shopping…but this is actually serious!
- April 2nd – Interim Final Rule for PPP issued
- April 2nd – COVID-19 Loan Program Updates
- April 1st – PPP Guidance, SBA Updates & Some Humor
- March 31st – SBA Loans, PA A Major Disaster Area & More
- March 31st – COVID-19 Loan Programs
- March 30th – More SBA Program Detail & Some Interesting State Updates
- March 29th – MPL General Counsel Corner: Time to clarify…and a little humor
- March 27th – Business Law Update: PA Stay At Home Order Expanded & CARES Act Update
- March 26th – MPL General Counsel’s Corner: CARES Act Passed by Senate, Initial Unemployment Numbers & More
- March 25th – MPL General Counsel Corner – More Updates on the CARES Act; Local Relief Plan for PA Small Businesses; Miscellaneous Items
- March 25th – General Counsel Corner – COVID-19 Stimulus Round 3 (CARES Act)….almost there
- March 24th – General Counsel Update- Attorney James Sanders
- General Counsel Corner – PA jumps in to the “Stay at Home Order” arena in select counties
- March 23rd – Employer Tax Credits – The Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- March 22nd – General counsel update – Attorney James Sanders
- March 20th – Summary of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- March 20th – Update from NFIB Conference Call
- March 20th – General counsel update – Attorney James Sanders
- March 19th – Press Release from Governor Tom Wolf: All Non-Life-Sustaining Businesses in Pennsylvania to Close Physical Locations as of 8PM March 19th to Slow Spread of COVID-19
- March 19th – Governor Wolf’s PA Mandated Closures (Update) – COVID-19
- March 18th – A High-Level Overview of the Family First Coronavirus Response Act
- March 18th – COVID-19 Update on Unemployment and Workers’ Compensation Benefits (via NFIB)
- March 17th – Business & Employment Guidance for Coronavirus
Financial Updates Related to COVID-19
As businesses assess their capital needs in this challenging environment, we think the financial updates and insights from Dave Barnitt at Attract Capital, LLC will be a very helpful resource. You can watch his latest update here.
Dave and his team provide capital structure advice and deal services, including expertise with non-traditional lending options in the middle-market. We have successfully closed numerous deals with Dave over the past decade.
Tax Guidance for COVID-19
In order to comprehensively serve our clients, we would like to direct you to a tax perspective on how to handle the COVID-19 pandemic. For a tax and accounting perspective of the changing landscape due to the coronavirus, please visit the Resource Center of Eisenhart & Co., one of the accounting firms our office works closely with.
IT/Tech Guidance for COVID-19
For guidance on how to remotely connect with others during this time and a variety of other helpful tips from the IT/Tech angle, check out Coulson Technologies
Municipal Law Updates
- Latest PA Shutdown Information
- April 23rd – MPL Municipal Update
- April 18th- Municipal Law Update
- April 14 – Municipal Law Update
- April 10 – Municipal Law Update for Friday, April 10, 2020
- April 1 – Municipal Law Updates: Major Disaster Declaration, Monthly Meetings, and Stay-At-Home Order Expansion
- March 30th – Summary of CARES Act for Local Governments
- March 26th – Municipal Update: YATB Extended Deadline for Local Earned Income Tax & More
- March 22nd – COVID-19-Clarification of Shutdown Order as it Relates to Local Governments
- March 20th – Municipal Law Coronavirus Update
- March 20th – OSHA Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for Covid-19 (PDF)
- March 19th – Model Coronavirus Response Plan (PDF)
- March 19th – Governor Wolf’s Shutdown Order (PDF)
- March 19th – Order Requiring Shut-down of All Non- Life-Sustaining Businesses
- March 18th – Covid-19 and The Sunshine Act
- March 18 – Covid-19 Non-Essential Government Offices