MPL General Counsel Corner – Hurry Up And Wait (September Recap)
I am sure that you are ready for 2020 to be done. PPP forgiveness continues to be the topic of the day whenever I chat with clients. Lenders are beginning the forgiveness application submission process, but it is slow-moving. Congress also floats additional relief bills which address the major PPP issues such as deductibility of related expenses and blanket forgiveness for loans under a certain dollar threshold (likely $150k). However, the likelihood of anything getting done before November 3rd, except maybe a judicial nomination, are slim to none, with none leading the way.
I am not sure who came up with the following phrase, but I think it is applicable:
HURRY UP AND WAIT
In the interim, enjoy the debate tonight!
A few other items we thought were of interest:
- Bankruptcy Updates from Rob Bovarnick (firstname.lastname@example.org)– It’s an unfortunate reality, but the following “Behind the Curtain – Chapter 11 From Inside” updates published at Forbes.com are very helpful (note that Chapter 5 and 6 are additions from my last update).
- Chapter 1 – Overview
- Chapter 2 – The Initial Meeting
- Chapter 3 – Pre-filing
- Chapter 4 – First Day Motions
- Chapter 5 – The Automatic Stay
- Chapter 6 – Financial Information
- Chapter 7 – The US Trustee
- Chapter 8 – Contract and Leases (Pt I)
- Chapter 9 – Contracts and Leases (Pt II)
- Chapter 10 – The Plan (Part I)
- Upcoming Webinars