MPL General Counsel Corner – Change is Constant & The New MPL
The one thing that is a constant in the business realm is change. Every day, the best-laid plans are disrupted and leaders must be ready to adapt. If you run an organization or own a business, you know that from the time you started to the present, things look vastly different. Since the turn of the century, who would have predicted things like 9/11, the housing crisis, and a global pandemic? However, look at the innovation and change that resulted.
Businesses that succeed over the long term are the ones that understand this concept and continue to embrace it. With that being said, organizational change is not easy and requires leaders that are forward-thinking and flexible. Below are some great articles on this concept:
- Embracing The One Constant In Business: Change (forbes.com)
- 5 Behaviors of Leaders Who Embrace Change (hbr.org)
- How Organizations Can Embrace Change (forbes.com)
- What Is Organizational Change Management? | HBS Online
Speaking of change, I have some news as well. After many months of planning, we are thrilled to announce that the firms of Griest Himes Herrold Reynosa and Blakey, Yost, Bupp & Rausch have merged with MPL Law Firm. I am excited to begin the next chapter of our firm with my new partners and team.
Please check out our refreshed website and a nice article from Joel Berg at BiznewsPA for more information.
I will leave you with this quote:
“Change is inevitable. Growth is optional.” John Maxwell
Other items of interest:
- September 2022 Market Commentary from August Wealth Advisors (thanks to Howard Greenberg for sharing)
- IRS Has $80B Additional Funding Coming Its Way; Expectations For Enforcement (eisneramper.com). Thanks to Carey Gertler for sharing.
- Rick Hough: How Silvercrest Grew Into a $32 Billion Wealth Manager | Barron’s (barrons.com) – A good article on how Silvercrest grew and changed over the years – Thanks to Sean O’Dowd for sharing.
Helpful Resource Pages
- Knowledge Center (eisneramper.com)
- Trout CPA Blog | Tax & Business-Related Topics
- News & Analysis | Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Insights, Analysis & Perspectives for Your Business | RKL LLP (rklcpa.com)
- NFIB Research: Data and Trends Affecting Small Business Owners | NFIB
- The Tax Warrior Chronicles (taxwarriors.com)
As always, please don’t hesitate to email myself (firstname.lastname@example.org), Andy Miller (email@example.com), Christian Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org), Erik Spurlin (email@example.com), Brad Leber (firstname.lastname@example.org) or anyone in our office with questions or comments.