MPL General Counsel Corner – The “Return to Work” Conundrum
More and more businesses are looking to bring back their employees to the office. As States move toward easing the shutdown restrictions, the rules seem to change on a daily basis. As I talk with business clients, the same three questions keep coming up:
- Do I need a plan?
- What rules do I follow (local, state, federal)?
- What is my liability?
Each answer to the question above certainly brings forth more questions. However, I can tell you that there is not a standard plan to follow. If anything, you will probably hear the following, which every law school student learns on day one in law school: “It Depends”
So, to make things a little easier, I have pulled together some helpful resources that can help you navigate the “return to work” conundrum.
- 4 Business Owners on How They’re Reopening Their Businesses Post Coronavirus
- A Guide to Reopening Your Business
- The CDC Changed Its Guidance on Cleaning. Here’s What That Means For Your Business
- How to Manage the First Day Back in the Office (Hint: No Parties, but Lots of Flexibility)
- CDC Guidance for Business and Employers
Ultimately, you will put together a “return to work/office” plan that makes the most sense for your business, employees and clients. I highly recommend that you lean on your professional advisors, senior leaders, industry trade organizations and even your competition to come up with the best process.
Here are a few other things that may be of interest:
- SPAC 101 Webinar – Eventus Advisory Group’s webinar on SPACs. Very informative if you are thinking of them.
- US Chamber of Commerce Global Economic Forum (May 18-19)
- Helpful Coronavirus Resource Pages
Please see all of our prior updates at this link or if you would like to be added to our email list, please click here.
Leave a Reply