I’ll Be Back – Will AI Totally Replace Humans?
I read an article last week that said a business owner covertly had an AI program (ChatGPT) write and submit a job application to the recruitment team at his company. It was so good that it ended up in the top 20% of the candidates. It’s like James Cameron’s Terminator film is becoming a reality. AI is infiltrating so many facets of the business world, it is hard to know what is human generated and what comes from the machines. It is becoming so big that Microsoft is in talks to invest $10,000,000,000 (yes that’s Billion) for a 49% stake in ChatGPT. For some perspectives on this fast-moving phenomenon, check out some of the articles below:
- Artificial intelligence is permeating business at last | The Economist
- How Artificial Intelligence Is Transforming Business – businessnewsdaily.com
- How generative AI could change your business | McKinsey
- Ethics and AI: 3 Conversations Companies Need to Have (hbr.org)
The bottom line, in my view, is that this AI trend is here to stay and will continue to permeate different functions which used to be handled by humans. The question is how quickly humans allow this to happen. Things like Covid certainly accelerated its adoption in the business world. Will Humans or Machines eventually win out? I can assure you “AI WILL BE BACK” as a topic on this weekly update!
Other items of interest:
- Economic Review: Q1 2023 – Silvercrest (silvercrestgroup.com) (thanks to Sean O’Dowd for sharing)
- Transforming and Elevating Your Finance Function Webinar (RKL CPA 2/1/23; 11am-12pm)
- Cybersecurity: A C-Suite Priority | Stambaugh Ness (2/21/23; 2pm-3pm)
As always, please don’t hesitate to email myself (email@example.com), Andy Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org), Christian Miller (email@example.com), Erik Spurlin (firstname.lastname@example.org), Brad Leber (email@example.com) or anyone in our office with questions or comments.
Please see all of our prior updates at this link or if you would like to be added to our email list, please click here.