COVID Business Law Update: If you are going through hell, keep going
I am not sure if you have been following the estimates of Covid-19, but I wanted to look at how they have changed over the last several weeks. Check out the numbers and reference links below.
- 3/13/2020 (200,000-1,700,000 estimated Covid-19 deaths in the US per the CDC): The link to the story is here.
- 3/30/2020 (100,000-200,000 estimated Covid-19 deaths in the US per Dr. Fauci): The link to the story is here.
- 4/6/2020 (81,766 estimated Covid-19 deaths in the US per the University of Washington’s Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation): The link to the story is here.
- 4/8/2020: (60,415 estimated Covid-19 deaths in the US per Healthdata.org): The link to the data is here.
While there are a few different sources, the reported estimates continue to fall (thankfully) versus climb. It tells me that we are getting closer to the end of this situation.
- What are you doing to ready yourself and your business for the other side of this situation?
- Have you reviewed your loan documents, applied for emergency assistance, updated your operating documents, checked on insurance coverages, and so on.
- Follow the flow of a dollar from entry into your business all the way to the exit to look for ways to enhance or improve the process.
- Now is the time to have conversations about your business and what it will look like going forward with your trusted group of advisors.
As Winston Churchill said: “If you are going through hell, keep going”
We will get through this situation and you and your businesses will be the engines of recovery.
A few things I felt may be of importance today:
- Disaster Loan Program or Payroll Tax Credit, which is right for my business? Take a look at this article. I think it gives a good overview of the puts and takes of each. Contact your bank or any of the contacts on the linked list if you pursue the disaster loan process.
- SCORE Covid-19 Resource Center: If you are looking for a business mentor or other information from SCORE related to Covid-19 Resources, check out this link.
- Upcoming Webinars:
- NFIB Coronavirus Part V; Friday April 10, 2020; 12-1pm: Register for the event here.
Please see all of our updates at the following link: https://mpl-law.com/resource-center/